Monday, September 15, 2008

The ultimate experiment

This is my first official blog post! I’ve finally jumped into the murky waters of the blogosphere and started my own. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile now, but something about putting my thoughts online for all to see was slightly terrifying, slightly thrilling, and probably not even really a big deal.

There is something sort of vain about writing a blog (what kind of qualifications do I have that people will actually want to read what I write?), so just to set the record straight there are a few actual reasons I am beginning this blog.

I am considering a career switch into journalism. I know, I know, everyone wants to be a journalist. This experiment could be a catastrophic failure, or a brilliant diversion. Either way I thought that perhaps I should start writing before I make such a drastic switch.

Also, I am enrolled in a Graduate level intro journalism class which requires me to regularly update a blog. The topics they are giving me are not very thrilling to write about, so hopefully they will be within more amusing topics.

That's it for now. Stay tuned.

No comments: